Back in October Facebook in the US started allowing business to market promotions and offers based on Facebook Places check-ins called Facebook Deals (www.facebook.com/deals), and this is now being made available in the U.K. announced at a Facebook press conference in London.
Starting today, January 31st, Facebook Deals is launching in the UK allowing companies to promote offers and discounts via location based check-ins via Facebook Places. The full list of key launch partners is available below, but companies such as O2, Starbucks, Debenhams, Alton Towers, McDonalds and others.
- O2 – From Monday 31 January, O2 is offering 10% off all accessories, including gaming kit in all stores. On Saturday 5 February, the first four customers will receive a free xbox 360 in 26 stores and the first two customers will receive a free Playstation3 in 18 stores when bought with any new contract or mobile upgrade consumer contract only.
- Starbucks – offering 30,000 free cups of coffee this morning kick start the new service
- YoSushi – first 1000 diners today get complimentary food and drink for them and a friend
- Mazda – From 31 January to 7 March 2011, Mazda will be offering the chance to win 1 of 5 Mazda MX-5 Miyako’s for the summer! Mazda is also offering the exclusive opportunity to buy an MX-5 with 20% discount.
- Argos – £1 donation to Teenage Cancer Trust for first 10,000 check ins
- Debenhams – On 14th February, Debenhams and Benefit are giving away over 1,000 free mascaras and makeovers for the first 10 check ins at each Benefit counter at Debenhams stores across the UK.
- Alton Towers – On Friday 18 February, the Alton Towers Theme Park will open a day earlier than planned for the Half Term holiday, offering exclusive use for anyone who checks in on that day only. Tag up to 3 friends for free entry and the first 100 people to check in will also receive a free one night stay in one of the themed Resort Hotels
- Benetton – 2 Euros donation to Architecture for Humanity for every check in
- Usher – Check in at the O2 Arena to get 10% off Usher’s album from the official merchandise stand on the London dates of his OMG Tour this week.Check in at the O2 Arena to get 10% off Usher’s album from the official merchandise stand on the London dates of his OMG Tour this week.