Everything Everywhere, the business that runs Orange in the UK and the country’s biggest communications company, has today announced that AGA Rangemaster has selected its proprietary M2M Management Platform and SIM cards from Orange for the new AGA iTotal Control oven.
For customers with a smartphone or tablet, applications can be downloaded from Google Play or the Apple App Store that provide a visualization of the AGA iTotal Control oven, which can be controlled by touchscreen. For those people not on the move but not at home either, a dedicated web portal has been designed to allow them to control their AGAs from a PC or laptop.
The controls that can be managed remotely are:
- All Ovens On – all three ovens on at normal set points, hotplates off
- All Zones Off – every zone off
- ‘Roast Oven On’ or ‘Roasting Oven On’ – Roasting oven on at its normal set point, all other zones off
- ‘Bake Oven On’ or ‘Baking Oven On’ – Baking oven on at its normal set point, all other zones off
- ‘Simmer Oven On’ or ‘Simmering Oven On’ – Simmering on at its normal set point, all other zones off
The iTotal Control AGA will be available from June 1st in the UK, and the company has invested in 250 SIM cards from Orange, with a view to purchasing more over the next year. AGA also plans to take advantage in the future of Everything Everywhere having the largest on-net network in the world, to expand into other European markets with a single contract and international SLA.